To maintain your hair extensions in the best possible condition, it is important that you follow the following advice and procedures:
Shampoo your hair at least twice a week using the recommended products and
procedures. ‘PLATINUM LOCKZ’ have their own range of Shampoo & Conditioner
that has been especially formulated for hair extensions
DO NOT USE ANY PRODUCT WHICH IS OIL BASED
It is important that you ONLY use a Moisture Shampoo & Conditioner
If you use a Protein Treatment your hair will get very dry DO NOT USE A PROTEIN TREATMENT. You should use Moisture Treatment Only
If you use Oil’s such as Tea Tree Oil or Almond Oil your waxed extensions will go White and Tacky which means they could slip and fall.
- Before washing your hair use your Platinum Lockz approved Hair Extension Looped brush to separate your bonds
- Massage the scalp under the extensions, then squeeze shampoo through hair from roots to ends/ DO NOT massage or rub hair otherwise matting may occur
- Hair Extensions should always be washed forwards by bringing the hair down either side of the head otherwise hair could double back and cause matting
- Rinse thoroughly using clean running water and squeeze gently removing excess
- Apply the recommended conditioner above, leave on recommended time do not comb through
- Rinse thoroughly again using clean running water and squeeze gently removing excess
- Apply leave in conditioner – we recommend ‘Platinum Lockz’ Leave in Moisturiser
- After washing separate the individual extensions before drying, this will prevent them naturally from matting
- If your hair is very oily/greasy you may lose some hair extensions. It is recommended you have more put in 4 / 6 weeks after first appointment.
- When you wash your hair you will lose some hair within the extension. This is normal, do not be alarmed, however if your bonds are turning white you need to change any treatments/shampoos/conditioners you are using which contain oil
- Tie hair in Plait at night this stops any matting
- ‘Platinum Lockz’ Shine Spray Oil is only to be used on the ends of hair
- If you experience any itching on your scalp it is more than likely to be where you have not rinsed out the shampoo or conditioner at your roots. Therefore this will cause irritation to your scalp – please rinse thoroughly.
- Body Wave Hair and Water Wave Hair – Your normal hair product should be used on your Hair and your New extension hair to get the best wave… such as Mousse and Sea Salt Spray
- If you are allergic to copper please advise – No responsibility will be taken by us if you have a reaction – we will of course take the beads out FOC and offer you to wax them in FOC however no refunds will be issued as the hair has been used
Please contact us should you wish to have your extensions removed. No responsibility will be taken for any damages to your hair if hair extensions are taken out by another person.
***ATTEND THE REGULAR CHECK UP APPOINTMENTS***
EXTENSION CARE BEFORE AND AFTER ACTIVITIES (eg. after swimming)
- Prior to swimming (in pool or sea) or sunbathing long hair should be tied back, under no circumstances must it be plaited whilst wet
- After swimming in a Pool or sea always wash hair thoroughly and apply a leave in conditioner to protect the ends of the hair.
- If engaging in an activity that requires tight headgear, please be aware that some of the wax extension joints may become flat and soften under the heat and pressure generated. Please do not fiddle with the extension joints as soon as you take off your headgear as they can be soft and distort.
- (Under no circumstances do we recommend the loosening of any tight headgear)
- Always dry hair thoroughly (DO NOT SLEEP WITH WET HAIR)
- When colouring your Hair please always do a Test Strand before proceeding always damp hair first
- Any hair colouring on roots should be carried out before extensions are applied
- Electric curling tongs, straighteners can be used on Human Hair.
- DO NOT IRON OVER EXTENSION JOINTS AS THEY WILL CAUSE YOUR EXTENSIONS TO BECOME LOOSE & FALL OUT always Iron below wax/tubes
- Regularly brush hair from the points to the joints and then from the roots to the points using a hot hair approved brush and ensure the extensions are separated always hold the hair whilst brushing to avoid tension to the roots. Do not tease roots.
- DO NOT use uncovered elastic bands
- NO EXCHANGES OR REFUNDS GIVEN
- Charges are made for taking out extensions $60 per hour
- NO responsibility will be taken by Platinum Lockz if anyone takes out your hair extensions other than Platinum Lockz
- DO NOT Bleach Hair Extensions you can tone extensions
- DO NOT Perm Hair Extensions